2017 Movea Plan: all gone in a single day!
Up to €5,500 in aid for private individuals, €750 for scrapping your old car and a further €1,000 for installing your own charging point. Everything gone in 24 hours!
If what you want is an electric car and you were patiently waiting for the Movea Plan, you will have to wait again. It was finally approved… And then suddenly it was all gone: for motorcycles in one hour and for cars in 24 hours. We will explain what it consisted of:
It was not very different from last year’s version of Movea: the aid amounted to €5,500 if the purchase was made by a private individual, self-employed professional, local entity or Autonomous Region and provided that the vehicle had a range greater than or equal to 90 kilometres. If the purchase was made by an SME, the amount was €4,300 and, in the case of a large company, €3,200.
If you were also planning to scrap your old diesel or petrol car during the purchasing process, the Plan also added a further €750 to the total amount of the aid.
The attached dealerships were in charge of facilitating, at their own expense, the installation of a charging point on request. This had to be done before registering the vehicle and you could benefit by up to €1,000 for the charging point. Important: they had to be installed on the same date as or prior to that of the registration of the vehicle and fulfil the technical specifications.
What should I know when submitting my application?
You can see the list of all the points of sale included in the Movea Plan online, in addition to the brands, models and versions of the vehicles for private individuals, loading or passenger transport covered by the Plan.
If you are interested in the Movea Plan aid, you can visit any of the affiliated dealerships and choose any of the vehicles that fulfil the requirements.
The affiliated point of sale will be in charge of electronically submitting the aid reservation request.
The dealership affiliated to the programme must offer the price of the vehicle after applying the corresponding discounts to the invoice.
In the case of new vehicles designed for passenger transport and after submitting the budget reservation, the point of sale has a period of 10 days in which to upload the order to the manufacturer in the computer application.
They will request that you provide the following documents:
- Photocopy of your Spanish National Identity Card, Foreigners’ Identity Number or Personal Tax Identity Number.
- If you are a professional or self-employed professional, certificate of registration in the Tax Register of Business Persons, Professionals and Withholders issued by the Spanish State Tax Agency.
- Photocopy of the Technical Specifications of the vehicle acquired.
- Photocopy of the Registration Certificate of the vehicle acquired, even if it is provisional.
- Bank document accrediting that the payment for the car has been made.
- If you hand over a vehicle, you must provide the usual documentation: the definitive deregistration certificate, the Vehicle Registration Certificate, the technical specifications and the receipt of payment of Road Tax.
- If more than €3,000 of aid is requested, you must provide a certificate issued by the Spanish State Tax Agency indicating that you are up to date in the payment of all your tax obligations.
- Photocopy of the sales invoice of the electric vehicle with a date on or after the entry into force of the Royal Decree.
In the case of renting or operational leasing, in addition to the previous documents, you must attach a photocopy of the renting or operating lease contract which establishes a minimum duration of two years and in which the petitioner or potential beneficiary of the aid appears as the lessee.
Aid will only be granted once without possibility of duplication in the case of successive transfers of the same vehicle.
The subsidies are compatible with other EU aid, but never with others granted by the General State Administration, Autonomous Regions or Local Entities for the same purpose.
Remember that, as in the case of any subsidy, aid under the 2017 Movea Plan must be declared as income in the tax return. Yes, it will have an impact when you pay your taxes.
Due to its resounding success, you have no choice but to wait for new developments and the reallocation of the aid that will be specified in September. However, it is not expected that aid will be available again until 2018. Stay alert because the same thing could happen again!