Movea Plan Aid 2017: Time to get moving!
Although this is not yet available, it could be at any moment, and we already know the conditions for this year, as agreed so far. We will tell you about it before the official launch!
This post has been updated here.
Like last year, the Plan for Promoting Mobility with Vehicles Powered by Alternative Energy (MOVEA) has funding of €16.6 million (€12 million for electric mobility). If we take into account that in 2016 the aid had run out after one month, it’s better to be among the first to request it when we purchase our vehicle. Be alert, because the plan could be launched at any time.
Up to €6,500
The aid for fully electric vehicles is substantial: €5,500 per car + €1,000 to purchase the associated charging station.
- When you purchase the car, you will have ten days in which to provide all the documentation (the deadline is shorter but dealerships can no longer block the aid they occasionally do not use).
- The maximum aid limit for corporate fleets of up to €200,000 has been removed. It now works on a per transaction basis and the aid is limited to €4,000 per vehicle.
- As was already the case, the Movea Plan cannot be added to the subsidies of city councils, Autonomous Regions, etc. The purchaser must choose the most suitable aid. You can apply for EU aid.
- The MOVEA Plan covers the purchase of second-hand vehicles up to nine years old, which makes the purchase of units in stock cheaper.
What documentation must I provide?
- Photocopy of your Spanish National Identity Card, Foreigners’ Identity Number or Personal Tax Identity Number.
- As a professional, certificate of registration in the Tax Register of Business Persons, Professionals and Withholders issued by the Spanish State Tax Agency.
- Photocopy of the Technical Specifications (MOT Card) of the acquired vehicle.
- Photocopy of the Registration Certificate of the acquired vehicle (the provisional certificate suffices).
- Bank documentation accrediting that you have paid for the vehicle.
- Photocopy of the sales invoice of the electric car. With a date on or after the entry into force of the Royal Decree regulating the direct concession of aid for the acquisition of vehicles powered by alternative energies. We will inform you as soon as it appears!
- In the event that you are going to exceed €3,000 in official aid, you must provide a certificate proving that you are up to date with all your tax obligations. You can obtain this from the Spanish State Tax Agency.
- In the event that you hand over an old vehicle, you must provide the usual documentation: the definitive deregistration certificate, the Vehicle Registration Certificate, the technical specifications and the receipt of payment of Road Tax.
- All the documents can be obtained through the dealership.
Aid for other electric vehicles
Electric motorcycles, depending on the price and power: between €1,500 and €2,000.
Light electric quadricycles: €1,950.
Heavy electric quadricycles: €2,350.
Pedal-assist bicycles: €200.